A Ministry to the heartfelt legacies of donors, and a service to the internal and extended ministries of St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church
The Foundation of St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church is a nonprofit organization and a separate 501(c)(3) from St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church, established in 2000 to provide funds for religious and charitable needs outside the scope of the annual budget of the congregation.
God calls The Foundation to support St. Andrews’ missional efforts:
Serve – in Christ’s name through careful stewardship of donor assets
Inform – about generosity as an extension of faith and witness to God’s mission
Connect – donors with resources to translate their heartfelt intentions into charitable legacies
Vision: All members of our church community will consider a legacy gift that will say Thank You to God for all that we have been given.
Tools and Resources To Guide You
View our brochure
Download our Estate Planning Workbook 2020
Foundation of St. Andrew’s At A Glance
- Donations to The Foundation are separate and distinct from day-to-day operating funds of the church. Over the past years, St. Andrew’s Foundation has funded Mission Jamaica and Vision Slovakia; TreeHouse; supported our Music Ministry, the St. Andrew’s Community Resource Center and Habitat for Humanity; provided funding for Spark Bibles for kids; and supported seminary students.
- Through these gifts, The Foundation seeks to match donor intentions with ministries that serve the needs of people in Christ’s name in the community, the nation, and around the world.
- Directors of The Foundation have the legal and financial responsibility to preserve gifts and to make careful investment decisions using annually-produced income to fund Foundation distributions. We help our members identify their values and create personal legacies which enrich their faith and extend the ministries of St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church.
- For more information, or to talk with someone about entrusting your legacy to The Foundation, contact Christa Getchell, Executive Director of The Foundation at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.762.9102.
||Ways to Give
Some ways to leave a legacy through The Foundation of St. Andrew’s:
• Make a one-time or recurring gift to one of The Foundation’s endowed funds
• Donate stocks, bonds, or other appreciated assets which can provide significant tax value to you while funding your missional interests
• Give while you’re living and see your gift at work, or
• Plan an end-of-life gift through your Will or Trust by designating a specific dollar amount or percentage of assets to The Foundation
• Name The Foundation as a beneficiary or partial beneficiary of your:
—IRA, 401(k) or 403(b) retirement plan
—Life insurance policy or an annuity
• Create a Charitable Gift Annuity or Charitable Remainder Trust
Gifts are normally tax deductible though donors should always seek advice from their tax professionals to ensure your intentions are being met.
What does the Foundation fund?
Please Let Us Know!
Please let The Foundation know if you intend to make a planned gift to support the internal and/or extended ministries of St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church. Simply complete the appropriate Letter of Intent below and return it to:
The Foundation of St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church
900 Stillwater Road
Mahtomedi, MN 55115
Foundation Letter of Intent
Mission Jamaica < $10,000 Letter of Intent
Mission Jamaica $10,000+ Letter of Intent
Foundation Board Members:
Christa Getchell, Executive Director, email@example.com, 651.762.9102
Ex-officio voting members:
Pr. Michael Carlson.
Ex-officio non-voting members:
Q. If I make a donation to The Foundation may I designate a specific use for my gifts?
A. Yes. Donors may designate where they want their gifts directed. They may also leave that decision to the board’s discretion.
Q. Is there a minimum gift amount?
A. No, not for a gift to an established endowed fund. However there is a minimum of $10,000 to create a new dedicated endowed fund which will also require approval from the board.
Q. If I donate to The Foundation will it be used in the annual budget of St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church?
A. No. The Foundation of St. Andrew’s is a separate 501(c)(3) organization from the church.
Q. Is my gift tax deductible?
A. The Foundation of St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Gifts are normally tax deductible though donors should always seek advice from their tax professionals to ensure their intentions are being met.
Q. How do I include The Foundation of St. Andrew’s in my estate plans?
A. Please reach out to our executive director or any board member (listed above) for help in getting started with a bequest to The Foundation. We are here to help you and your attorney formalize your charitable intentions.
Q. Does everyone need to have a Will?
A. Absolutely, Yes! No matter how large or modest your estate may be, the people you love will appreciate formal documents to guide them through the difficulties following your death. Families often struggle during this stressful time figuring out and coming to agreement with what to do with our loved ones’ assets. The Foundation can assist in connecting you with resources to help create these necessary documents.