Gather everyone in a comfortable spot and get settled in.
- Invite each member of your family to share their highs and lows for the day. You can use the words blessings and bummers instead. Someone might choose to pass or not have anything to share, and that’s ok.
- Read the Gospel text found in Matthew 14:13-21 on page 1090 in the Connect Bible, or read Jesus Feeds 5,000 (Spark Story Bible pg. 426).
- Talk about the Spark Bible story or Gospel text, taking turns offering what you heard that relates to high/lows or what felt important.
- Pray for one another’s highs and lows. These words can help you get started – “Dear Jesus, thank you the blessings you give us each and every day – a warm bed to sleep in, good food to eat and people who love us. Please bless others with what they need, too. Thank you for (blessings). Today, please help me with (bummers). Please help me share the love of God, today and every day. Amen.”
- Bless one another. Take turns making the sign of the cross on each other’s foreheads, saying simply, “God loves you and so do I.”