St. Andrew’s Community Resource Center loves and encourages the support of volunteers to help serve our neighbors in need. Volunteers are the foundation of our program! We want you to find a volunteer opportunity that interests you.
Volunteer at our Family Shelters
- Volunteering at one of our two Family Shelters in Hugo and Oakdale is a great way to support the families in our program with a heart of hospitality. Volunteers are utilized 7 days a week for the dinner shifts and overnight shifts. Your willingness to volunteer provides these families with the security of a warm bed, regular meals and access to critical resources they would not have without you.
- OVERNIGHT SHIFTS AT OUR HUGO SHELTER: Dec. 18-24,2022
- Overnight volunteers sleep in the private bedroom provided for volunteers.
- Sign up here
- If you are new to volunteering at our family shelter, please contact Lauren Kroschel at 651.762.9158 to get started on the required volunteer application.
Volunteer for Budgeting/Financial Planning
- The CRC is seeking volunteers with expertise in budgeting/financial planning to walk alongside our guests as they work to save money and build income while in our Family Sheltering Program. This could include one-on-one mentoring, weekly classes, or a one-time seminar. Contact Karin Pecchia, Case Manager, 651-762-9142 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have other expertise to offer our families in life-skills, self-care, or extracurricular activities, we would welcome your ideas and involvement in other areas as well!
- Volunteers are utilized at the Community Resource Center during the day Monday through Thursday to serve our walk-in guests with food, toiletry items and clothes shopping. Volunteers also help sort and organize donations. Contact Lauren Kroschel at 651.762.9158 for more information.
Volunteer To Cook and Serve Dinner
- We serve a free Community Meal to approximately 50-100 guests each Thursday evening. This night could not be possible without the dedication of volunteers.
- PREP AND COOK: Volunteers are needed Thursdays at 1 pm to prepare the food served at our Community Meals. Click here to sign up and find a date that works for you.
- SERVE MEALS: To serve on a team that assists in serving meals once every 8 weeks, please contact Lauren Kroschel at 651.762.9158.
Volunteer To Drive
We would love more people to join our volunteer van driving team. We provide transportation to and from the Community Resource Center to our families staying at our two family shelters.
Volunteers sign up to drive our families for the morning shift (8:30 am) or the afternoon shift (2:30 pm). We utilize volunteers for this Monday – Thursday. Sign up here to drive the van! Please contact Lauren Kroschel at 651.762.9158 if you have questions.