1 Peter 4:10 Serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received.
Ideas from Children’s Messages Summer 2021
- Sign up with family or friends for a food packing event –Feed My Starving Children or Meals from the Heart Event.
- Help wash your parent’s, grandparent’s, or neighbor’s car.
- Give away Freezies or something cool on a hot day!
- Host a lemonade stand and donate some of the money to a favorite non-profit organization.
- Pick strawberries and use them to make a special treat for a neighbor.
- Write a thank you note.
- Write chalk messages of encouragement or kindness.
- Welcome someone who is new to your school or neighborhood.
- Teach your brother, sister, friend, or neighbor how to do something.
- Paint rocks, or write kind messages on them and leave them for someone to find,
- Volunteer as a Greeter or Usher at church.
- Help prepare and/or serve meals for community dinner.
- Help serve communion at church (age 12 and up).
- Volunteer to set up for VBS (any age) or help as a God Squad Leader (Middle School).
- Go on a Mission Trip during the summer (Middle School).
- Grow a garden and donate some produce.
- Clean up at a local beach or park.
- Volunteer for Garden Ministry at St. Andrew’s (pick up trash, lay mulch, pick weeds, etc.)
And more ideas…
- Sign up to help with your family at the BLOCK Party – https://signup.com/go/AhwspTQ
- Make a meal for St. Andrew’s Family Shelter
- Give offerings or donations to St. Andrew’s
Email Beth Hamen at email@example.com with questions on how to get started or to share your ideas about other ways to serve!