February 21, 2022 Update – from Pastor Mike Carlson
We are aware that the three surrounding School Districts (Mahtomedi, Stillwater, and White Bear Lake) have begun the process of removing face covering requirements. Throughout the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, guests and worshippers at St. Andrew’s has been our top priority. As the Omicron variant recedes, Washington County COVID-19 positivity rates and ICU hospitalizations decline, St. Andrew’s will adjust the face covering requirements in a timed and reasonable manner. We need to remember COVID is not over but restrictions are easing, and we need to remain committed to protecting our people, including the vulnerable we are called to serve.
Beginning February 28th, 2022, the process for Staff, Congregation-Facing Volunteers, Youth and Children will be:
-Face coverings are recommended, but not required.
-Face coverings will be required on bus or van transportation activities.
-The Preschools of St. Andrew’s will continue to follow their processes and procedures from their Health Consultant.
-Any personnel testing positive with COVID or is in close contact with a person testing positive with COVID is required to notify and consult with Adam Huntley, Human Resources, for the current isolation, quarantine, and face covering requirements in place to protect our community and ensure alignment with constantly changing MDH, CDC, and OSHA guidelines.
-We will continue to monitor COVID-19 transmission in our surrounding community and will adjust our protocols as appropriate.
February 4, 2022 Update:
With COVID positivity rates now trending downward in Washington County, we have modified our protocols. As of tomorrow, Feb. 5, 2022, MASKS ARE NOT REQUIRED for visitors when attending events, programs, and worship on our campus. Visitors may continue to wear masks if they wish, according to their own level of comfort. Wednesday night meals and choirs will also resume.
The Preschools of St. Andrew’s full and half day will continue to follow their established safety protocols.
January 9, 2022
Dear St. Andrew’s Community,
As COVID-19 cases continue to escalate in Minnesota and around the nation, we are further increasing the precautions we’re taking as a church to help reduce the spread of the virus to the extent possible:
- Beginning Monday, January 10, 2022 masks will be required for everyone – regardless of vaccination status – at all events held on campus, including weekend worship. We will maintain social distancing in the Sanctuary and Great Hall.
- We have temporarily paused choirs.
- We have temporarily paused our Wednesday night meals.
- Our Community Resource Center’s Thursday night Community Meal has temporarily moved from in person to a drive-through model, and the time has been moved up an hour to ensure the safety of our volunteers and guests coming out in the cold. It will now take place from 5-6 p.m. outside the Great Hall building. There will be people and signage to direct you once you arrive.
- The MLK Celebration Concert on January 16 will be rescheduled.
- Some other events, such as select Wednesday night LIFE Talks, are also moving online. Watch our weekly e-newsletter, LIFE @ St. Andrew’s, for week-by-week information on what’s happening in person vs. online.
Throughout the pandemic, our goals have remained the same: to be able to continue worshipping in person together and to protect the most vulnerable among us. The actions we’re taking are meant to help us do just that, and we appreciate your understanding.
While it can feel discouraging that we’re in this place once again, please remember that we’ve gotten through this once as a congregation, and we can get through it again, together.
Safety and health to you and yours,
Pastor Mike Carlson