St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church (“SALC,” “we,” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. We have developed a set of policies and practices (the “Policy”) regarding the protection, use, and disclosure of your personal information by SALC; whether used, provided, or disclosed through our website at http://www.saintandrews.org (the “Website”), or via other SALC-related publications or media. This Policy describes the types of information we may use and collect from you or that you may provide to SALC through the Website or by or through other means, methods, and media.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand SALC’s policies and practices regarding the use and disclosure of your personal information. By using the Website or otherwise providing personal information to SALC, you consent to SALC’s collection and use of your personal information, all as described in the Policy.
Information We May Collect
SALC collects information on or through the Website or by other means, methods, and media that identifies you or your family, and other personal information (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on the Website, such as signing up to volunteer or registering for an event;
- Contact information for you or your family members, such as first and last name, home or work address, birthdate, phone or fax number, email address, or social media links;
- Information relating to your personal interests, hobbies, etc.;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us via the Website;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website;
- Information that is about you, but does not identify you, such as employment history and educational history.
- Your search queries on the Website; or
- Any other information that personally identifies you or your family that you choose to provide.
Children under the age of 13 are not the target audience for the Website. As such, SALC does not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from children who are under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide Personal Information to SALC through or for the Website. Any information regarding children provided to or for the Website must be provided by a parent or legal guardian.
Financial Transaction Information
SALC does not store any credit card information or bank account information that may be required for you to complete a transaction via the Website. SALC uses one or more third party intermediaries to collect such financial information and to perform transaction processing services.
How SALC May Use Personal Information
SALC may use Personal Information that we collect about you or that you provide to SALC, for purposes that, without limitation, include:
- Providing you with information or services that you may request from us;
- Allowing you to register for events and programs;
- Sending you news items or updates;
- Enabling you to make donations and for us to acknowledge them;
- Notifying you about changes to the Website or any services we offer or provide through the Website;
- Allowing you to apply for employment with SALC;
- Any other purpose stated on the Website or otherwise disclosed to you when you provide information to us; and
- Any other purpose with your consent.
SALC may share your Personal Information with consultants, third party service providers, and other third parties who act for or on behalf of SALC. SALC will not otherwise share your Personal Information with third parties except if required by law to do so, or in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public, or the Website.
SALC will not sell, rent, or trade Personal Information and will not disclose any Personal Information to others in ways different from what is described in this Policy.
Tools for Collection, Use, and Sharing of Information
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. These technologies do not identify you personally; they simply enable SALC to compile statistics about our Website visitors and their use of the Website.
The information collected may include information from a web browser such as browser type and browser language, date and time of your visit, actions taken on the Website such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked, name of your Internet service provider, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the uniform resource locators (“URLs”) of the websites and pages you visit, information about the computer hardware and software you use, and other information that may become available due to your visit or use of the Website. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies – A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are used to recognize you on return visits to the Website, collect information related to your use of the Website, and to enable SALC to enhance your browsing experience. Cookies may also be used to store Personal Information. You may elect to adjust your browser settings or use other means to prevent cookies from being placed on your computer. However, by doing so, you might experience reduced Website functionality and a less personalized browsing experience.
- Web Beacons – SALC’s Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies. Web beacons allow us to compile information related to your use of the Website.
SALC may engage third parties to track and analyze usage and other statistical information that has been collected on the cookies placed on your computer. The information provided to these third parties may be used for purposes that include operating and improving the services provided via the Website. The information provided by SALC to such third parties does not include your Personal Information, however, the information may be associated with your Personal Information.
Links to Other Websites
The Website contains hyperlinks to websites that are not operated by SALC. These hyperlinks are provided for your reference and convenience only, and to facilitate transactions and the delivery of information to you; the presence of these hyperlinks on the Website are not an endorsement by SALC of the activities or content of these third-party websites or their owners or operators. SALC does not control these websites and is not responsible for their data practices. We recommend that you read the privacy policies of these third-party websites before using these websites or providing any Personal Information.
Social Media Policy
SALC utilizes various forms of social media, including our Website, Facebook, Twitter, and electronic and printed newsletters, to share photos and experiences illustrating the vibrant life of the SALC congregation. SALC endeavors to use appropriate discretion and respects the privacy rights of its members when using photos of adults engaged in SALC activities, and is especially mindful of protecting the safety of children that may appear in the photos. To that end, SALC is committed to the following social media policy guidelines:
- We don’t include a person’s name in the caption of photos unless that person has given consent on behalf of herself/himself, or on behalf of her/his child
- If requested by the photographer, we will give credit to the photographer on the photo or in the caption. We will also honor any copyright restrictions made known to SALC.
- We will remove any photo promptly upon request.
- When taking photos, we make reasonable efforts to
- Not intrude into anyone’s solitude, seclusion or private property without permission
- Not publish – whether by photo or story – private information without permission
- Not print any photo or story that presents the person or persons in a negative light
- Not use a photo of any person for commercial purposes without that person’s permission
SALC is continually improving and adding new functionality and features to this website, as it continues to improve and add to its existing ministries, services, and programs. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law, and the changing nature of technology, SALC’s privacy practices and policies may also change. When and if SALC’s privacy practices and policies change, we will post the changes on the Website. We encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church, 900 Stillwater Road, Mahtomedi, MN 55115 | 651.426.3261