One of the keys to the health and vitality of the St. Andrew’s congregation is the people who volunteer to lead and guide St. Andrew’s mission by serving on the Church Council.
The St. Andrew’s Church Council is seeking recommendations to fill two open positions on the Council. Please complete the form below before Sunday, Sept. 29, 2019.
We seek Council Leadership with a variety of skills and experience: business development; finance; strategic thinking; long-range planning; experience in a boardroom; leadership in large organizations, non-profits or community service providers. Members should be able to commit to 90-minute monthly meetings and pre-reading of materials, as well as be open to sharing their professional expertise.
Guidelines for possible candidates as described in the constitution are:
- An active member of the congregation for more than one year (1 Timothy 3:6)
- Attends worship regularly (Acts 2:42)
- Generously supports the congregation financially according to his or her means (2 Corinthians 8:12)
- Prayerfully supports the mission, staff and pastors of the congregation (Ephesians 6:18-20)
- Is aware that the role of the Council member is one of general oversight and policy issues, while staff is responsible for managing programs and ministries (1 Corinthians 12:4-8)
- Will make council meetings a priority on his or her schedule (2 Corinthians 8:10-12)