We use a “Learning Center” approach to Curriculum through out the week and feature a “Project Approach” study quarterly. Our teachers design learning experiences to meet the needs of the individual child, as well as the entire group. Discovery-based exploration is nurtured in creative arts, science, cooking, blocks, table toys, large muscle, dramatic play, sensory, literature, and music.
Each quarter, teachers and students engage in a theme-based Project Approach style of curriculum development where the children determine the course work. As a classroom they determine what they know and what they want to know about a particular area of study. From there, the children take off with investigating, exploring and inquiring to find answers. Visual documentation of the project from start to finish is beautifully displayed outside of each classroom for all to see.
Full Day Preschool Hours of Operation and Daily Schedule
We are a year-round program which is open Monday through Friday. Extended care is included in tuition. We open at 6:30 a.m. and close our doors at 6:00 p.m. For the well-being of the children, we strongly recommend that a child not exceed 10 hours per day. A detailed yearly calendar (which includes any days the program is closed) is considered part of the enrollment contract.
Preschool Sample Daily Schedule
- 6:30-7:45 a.m. Arrival in Room 5
- 7:45-8:30 a.m. Playground (weather permitting)
- 8:30-8:45 a.m. Bible Story/Devotions
- 8:45-11:00 a.m. Group Time/Calendar/Center Activities
- 11:00-11:30 a.m. Playground
- 11:30-12:15 p.m. Lunch
- 12:30-1:15 p.m. Group Time
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. Playground/Large Muscle Room/Naptime for younger children
- 2:15-3:00 p.m. Rest Time/Quiet Activities
- 3:00-4:15 p.m. Group Time/Stories/Songs
- 5:15-6:00 p.m Free Choice Time/Departure Time
Toddler Daily Sample Schedule
- 6:30-7:15 a.m. Arrival in Room 5
- 7:15-8:00 a.m. Arrival in Toddler Room/Free Choice Time
- 8:00-8:30 a.m. Fine Motor/Manipulative
- 8:30-8:45 a.m. Sensory Table
- 8:45-9:00 a.m. Diapering
- 9:00-9:30 a.m. Morning Snack
- 9:30-9:45 a.m. Group Time/Jesus Time
- 9:45-10:00 a.m. Art/Science
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. Outside Time
- 11:00-11:15 a.m. Choice Time
- 11:15-12:00 noon Wash hands/Lunch
- 12:00-12:30 p.m. Diapering
- 12:30-3:00 p.m. Naptime/Quiet Activities
- 3:00-3:15 p.m. Diapering/Choice Time
- 3:15-3:30 p.m. Clean up/Wash hands
- 3:30-3:45 p.m. Afternoon snack
- 3:45-4:00 p.m. Group Time/Jesus Time
- 4:00-5:00 p.m. Outside Play/Large Muscle Time
- 5:00-6:00 p.m. Choice Time/Stories
Interested in enrollment?
Parents are required to tour the program before applying for enrollment. Upon acceptance into the program, families will receive a Parent Handbook and Registration Packet.
Children may enroll for two to five days per week, based on availability. Certain restrictions may apply. Days of attendance must be specified for each contract period. Contracts may be changed mid-year for a $25 processing fee. Occasionally, mid-year openings occur. Names may be placed on a waiting list for these openings. A non-refundable fee of $75 is payable each year the child is enrolled.