March 25, 2020
Due to the Shelter in Place order that was issued today, ALL ST. ANDREW’S BUILDINGS WILL BE CLOSED FROM MARCH 27, 11:59 P.M. THROUGH APRIL 10. Holy Week and Easter Services will happen online! Details here.
New: In addition to the online worship options described below, if you live in the Stillwater/Oak Park Heights/Bayport area and are a Comcast Cable TV subscriber, you can watch St. Andrew’s worship on Channel 18 at the following times:
- Wednesday – 1 and 7 p.m.
- Thursday – 1 and 7 a.m.
- Friday – 5 and 11 p.m.
- Saturday – 5 and 11 a.m.
- Sunday – 8 a.m.
March 19, 2020
Our work continues as we prepare for the possibility of an extended period of limited public gatherings due to COVID-19. Spirit-filled work continues to be done by your St. Andrew’s staff in the face of adversity. We greatly appreciate the messages of support we receive from so many of you! Just a couple of updates and reminders:
UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
If you want to change or add email addresses or mobile phone numbers to ensure you receive messages in your preferred location, you can do that here. If you need further assistance, email email@example.com.
DID YOU MISS WORSHIP OR COMMUNICATION?
Looking for a past worship service? Check out saintandrews.churchonline.org and click on Video Archive on the upper right.
WORSHIP SERVICES ONLINE AND SPIRITUAL SUPPORT
We are committed to providing ongoing support for your spiritual needs at this time. One way we all stay in community is through worship, so please join us for online worship:
- Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m. (Lenten Worship)
- Saturday at 5 p.m. (Contemporary),
- Sunday at 9 a.m. (Traditional),
- Sunday at 10:15 a.m. (Contemporary),
- Sunday at 4 p.m. (Depot Church in Hugo)
Worship online at saintandrews.churchonline.org
FINANCIAL GIFTS AND OFFERING
Your generous support is needed now more than ever. We know there is much uncertainty right now, and in times of uncertainty and adversity, people need their church all the more. Your assistance in sharing your offering enables us to put our focus on ministry and support where it is most needed. Gifts can be made online at saintandrews.org/give at or mailed to the church office address below). Every step to be fiscally prudent is activated right now. Your gifts ensure we are able to bring the excellent ministry you’ve come to expect while supporting our church staff as they work in mission and ministry during this time.
March 15, 2020
St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church Leadership Update
This afternoon, the leadership team of St. Andrew’s met to discuss the ongoing developments and information regarding safety and wellbeing of our community, congregation and employees related to the COVID-19 virus.
The recent declaration of a peacetime emergency and increased concern over community spread of this virus has encouraged us to take the following precautions, effective immediately:
- Worship Services will Continue Online-only through March 31.Some of you are already familiar with online worship at St. Andrews. For others, this may be newer territory. It’s easy to find us. On your personal computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone, go to saintandrews.churchonline.org for a listing of our weekend services.
- All St. Andrew’s group activities through March 31 are canceled. If you are registered for an event that required payment, a staff member will be in contact with you.
- Building closed to public through March 31. Out of an abundance of care and consideration for the health and safety of all people, we are closing the building to the public, with the exception of funerals and Critical Care ministry. Pastors, finance and facility/operations will continue on site during this interim period. The core team will be onsite sporadically. Staff will leverage technology, working remotely as much as possible and continue to find creative ways to minister and care for your spiritual needs. Congregational care will continue to check-in with vulnerable populations. Pastors have implemented restricted visiting procedures but will continue to be on-call to meet your spiritual needs.
Please know we, the leaders of St. Andrew’s Church, have made and will continue to make decisions with an abundance of prayerful pondering, conversations with numerous community leaders, employers, and information from the Minnesota Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC). Know that we, too, can’t wait for our community to be back physically together. Know that we are committed to be here for you as your church. To be the church, even when we can’t be together.
These operational changes follow recommended health and safety protocols for larger organizations serving diverse populations and allow our staff to dedicate time and effort to innovative strategies and resources to care for your spiritual needs. As we work the challenge of not being physically together, another difficulty we face is to keep current with our financial obligations to sustain ministry, staff, and our campus. Your financial support is needed now more than ever as regular offerings will not be collected on Sundays or at our Lenten Wednesday services. Please consider sending in your offering or giving online at saintandrews.org/give. Our staff is here for you, and your continued financial support is vital, especially during this time. Those who may be able to give more during this time, we welcome that as well.
Our heart breaks for those who are sick and those who are scared. There is no small amount of concern when we experience this global pandemic together. Members of our staff will begin calling all members later this week to check in and ask if there is anything we can pray for or do for you. We are committed to ensuring this time of social distancing does not mean spiritually distancing or social isolation.
Thank you for your continued partnership and prayers. We very much love being in ministry with you and take comfort in knowing the healing power of Jesus Christ at all times.