How does social distancing work in St. Andrew’s buildings?
When you enter the Sanctuary or Great Hall, you will be directed to designated, physically distanced seating areas by household.
Are masks required?
As of May 14, 2021: If you are fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask when on campus. If you are unvaccinated, we encourage you to wear a mask. We wish to honor everyone’s comfort levels with this decision. If you are more comfortable wearing a mask, please know that you are welcome to do so, now and indefinitely into the future. We are evaluating certain COVID protocols related to Children, Youth & Family programming. Click here for more information about masks at St. Andrew’s/
What is a Modified Traditional Worship Service?
Modifications have been made to in-person worship services to limit risk of unknowingly spreading the virus. This includes no congregational singing, shorter duration of service time and the requirement of face coverings in worship. Traditional 9am in-person worship will be a shortened Service of the Word.
Will child care or children’s programming be provided?
No. We will not have child care or children’s programming. As always, your children can participate in worship by sitting with you. When you register for worship, please register your children as well.
What should I bring to the worship service?
You may want to bring a Bible, pen, paper, etc. as we will not be distributing these items to limit touchpoints.
What are we doing to stay safe during this time?
- All services will be as touchless as possible, and all high-volume areas will be thoroughly sanitized between services.
- To minimize touchpoints;
- We will not be passing out programs, Bibles, or pens.
- Offering baskets will not be passed. We encourage you to, but if you want to give during worship, there will be non-contact offering kiosks at building entrance and exit spaces.
- No water fountains will be open.
- No cookies or coffee will be served.
- There are posted signs reminding of proper hygiene practices and to join us online if you have experienced symptoms or are at risk of COVID-19.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the building.
- No outside food or beverages will be permitted.
What steps can I take to stay safe?
- We continue to encourage online worship. If you’re sick, have been exposed to the virus, please stay home.
- We strongly encourage those in the high-risk category (65+ or have a pre-existing condition) to continue to worship online.
- If you have had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, have been near someone who does or is in contact with people who are more susceptible to contracting an illness, please continue to watch online.
- Practice good hygiene: cover coughs and sneezes, wash hands often, wear masks.
- Maintain a distance of six or more feet between yourself and others.
What about those who are considered more vulnerable or caring for those who are?
If you’re vulnerable for any reason, we encourage you to stay home. If you have any symptoms of sickness or have been around anyone who has shown symptoms, please remain home from St. Andrew’s buildings for at least 14 days.
If you have traveled to a “hot spot,” please consider quarantining yourself for at least 14 days.